Explosion-proof led light fixtures are widely used in oil exploration, oil refining, chemical industry, power plants and other hazardous environments, as well as in offshore oil platforms, tankers and other places for general lighting and operational lighting. What aspects should we pay attention to during use?
1. LED explosion-proof light fixtures should pay attention to regularly clean the dust and dirt on the lamp shell, and keep the shell clean, which can improve the light efficiency and heat dissipation performance of the lamp. The cleaning method changes according to the protection ability of the explosion-proof light fixture shell.
2. Check whether the transparent parts of explosion-proof light fixtures have been impacted by foreign objects, and whether the protective net is loose, desoldered, corroded, etc. If so, stop using it and repair and replace it in time.
3. If there is accumulated water in the explosion-proof light fixtures used in humid environments, it should be removed in time, and the sealing parts should be replaced to ensure the protective performance of the casing. After the lamps leave the factory, in the process of installing the lamps, the lamps may also cause water ingress due to improper installation, resulting in water seepage of the lamps and cannot be used normally. Therefore, the installation method should also be correct to ensure the life of the lamp.
4. During the maintenance of explosion-proof light fixtures, the following points should be checked after opening the cover:
(1) Whether the flameproof joint surface is in good condition;
(2) Whether the rubber seal becomes hard or sticky;
(3) Whether the wire insulation layer is green and carbonized;
(4) Whether the insulating parts and electrical components have deformation and scorch marks.
If the above problem occurs, it should be repaired and replaced in time.
5. Before installing LED explosion-proof light fixtures, check from the nameplate and product manual: explosion-proof type, category, level, group; protection level of the shell; installation method and fastener requirements for installation, etc. The installation of explosion-proof light fixtures should be firmly fixed, the fastening bolts should not be replaced arbitrarily, and the spring washers should be complete.
6. The dustproof and waterproof sealing rings of explosion-proof light fixtures should be placed as they are; at the cable entry, the cable and the sealing gasket should be closely matched, the cross-section of the cable should be round, and the surface of the sheath should not have defects such as unevenness . The excess wire inlet must be blocked according to the explosion-proof type, and the compression nut must be tightened to seal the wire inlet.
7. Check whether the transparent parts of explosion-proof light fixtures have been impacted by foreign objects, and whether the protective net is loose, desoldered, corroded, etc. If so, stop using it and repair and replace it in time.
8. When opening the lampshade of explosion-proof light fixtures, the cover should be opened after the power supply is cut off according to the requirements of the warning sign.
Engineered tailor-made lighting solutions for varied projects under challenging conditions such as extreme temperatures, highly corrosive conditions and hazardous locations worldwide.
SUREALL offers ultra-reliable lighting and lighting control system for a wide ranges of industries.